Error 1. If you are still getting error setting up make sure you make changes to your Gmail account.
See the image below if you are getting error like this
1. You have to make sure you have selected IMAP or Pop either or them.
How to change the IMAP or Pop settings in Gmail account to configure Microsoft Outlook?
So the answer for this question is:
- Login to your Gmail Account.
- Click on Settings.
3. Click on see all settings.
You will see this screen
4. Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”. You can see here I have disabled POP and IMAP is Enabled. You can select as I did and make sure to save changes you are making.
Error 2. You get a password incorrect/ prompt again and again which asks you “Enter your user name and password for the following server”. See the image below. You get this error because Outlook is unable to make connection with your gmail account. make sure you check the checkbox to save your password in your password list . otherwise it ll ask you again and again .To fix this follow the steps
- Login to your Gmail account> Click on your “profile image” and click on “manage your Google account“. see image below.
2. Now click on “Security” now find “Less Secure App Access” in somewhere in the middle of the page. Status It is “Off”. You have to click on “Turn on Access” to turn it on.
Once you turn it on it will look like this. See image below.
Now click ok you wont see this screen Error prompting enter “your user name and password for the following server”.
Now click OK and you will see this welcome screen.
So this is how we can configure a Gmail E-mail account to outlook.